October 19, 2009

To Expect is Human, To Accept is Divine!

A few issues having been nagging me for a while now (will not go into details here), and I had been wondering how best to deal with it. It bothered me day and night; the sooner I figured it out, the better for me. So one day, while my princess lay sleeping in my arms, I thought...

Change is difficult, almost impossible, especially this late in the game. It has been very foolish of me to have been expecting that. Instead, if I could accept things the way they are, it would become so much easier to deal with.

Suddenly, I felt better. It seemed like a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders. I could see straight ahead again. You can't see far when you are pinned down with great expectations from yourself and others. You feel rooted, unable to move, let alone in the right direction.

The shorter version of this post's title, "Accept, don't Expect" keeps ringing in my head, constantly reminding me of my newfound philosophy! This, I must say, suddenly seems to have made me a lot more patient, and I  am loving every bit of that! Works well towards my concerns in the previous post.

Now, I completely understand the words of wisdom that none other than my dearest mom passed on me, a philosophy, that I could not have embraced any better! Thank You, Amma.

No comments: